Shipping Rates from FedEx
FedEx Express has created express delivery service and is the world leader in this field. It provides reliable services and timely delivery to more than 220 countries and territories, linking markets that account for more than 90 percent of global GDP within one to three business days.
The company has an unparalleled infrastructure in terms of its airways, transportation, and advanced information technology. This makes FedEx Express, the world's largest express delivery company, providing reliable fast services to over 3.6 million shipments every business day.
FedEx Express currently serves hundreds of cities and markets in Europe, Middle East, Indian Subcontinent and Africa through its intercontinental services and international high-speed services. FedEx Express is available in Europe and the Middle East, the Indian subcontinent and Africa.
The Indian subcontinent and Africa contain the largest cargo hub outside the United States in Paris Charles de Gaulle. FedEx is currently working on expanding its networks all over the world with a major focus on the Middle East and Europe through smart and strategic investments.
Determining The Shipping Cost
Determining the shipping cost was never easy. In order to correctly calculate the shipping cost, you will need to take three factors into considerations:
- The size of your shipment: the bigger the size the higher the cost
- The weight of the package: It is well known that heavier packages cost more money.
- The Delivery Time: The delivery time is also a factor that should be taken into account when calculating the shipping cost. Fast shipping cost way more than normal shipping that can be slow.
FedEx announced the 2019 prices. The new rates will enter into force on 1 January 2019 and include package revenues. If you have been busy and you haven’t taken a look at these changes yet, Here are some basic changes:
- Standard FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery rates will increase by 4.9 percent
- FedEx Express package and shipping level list rates will increase by an average of 4.9 percent (for US, US and US import services)
- FedEx Freight will increase by an average of 4.9 percent
While the above services will see each increase at 4.9 percent, it is important to understand that price changes will vary depending on the weight, area, size, and services.
Besides the increases in freight rates, FedEx will also change the surcharge starting from January 1. The major changes include:
- There is an additional charge for the FedEx Ground delivery area, which is applied when the FedEx Ground charger is selected but the package is sent to the residence. These additional charges exceed 10 cents, from $ 3.90 to $ 4. E-commerce merchants can save money by choosing FedEx home delivery when shipping to residential addresses.
- FedEx Home delivery charges are also increased by 10 cents, from $ 3.35 per package to $ 3.45 per package.
- Increased additional handling fees at FedEx Express and FedEx Ground by $ 1 (9.1%), from $ 11 to $ 12.
- The cost of Address Corrections is also increased by $ 1 (7.1%), from $ 14 to $ 15.
- The huge fee increases by $ 7.50 (10.3%), from $ 72.50 to $ 80
Despite the rise of shipping rates, FedEx and Ups remain the best courier companies in the world for international shipping.